Manchester United v Arsenal Match Preview, Predicted Line Ups, Tips.
Monday Night football returns tonight when Manchester United host Arsenal in tonight's Premier League clash at Old Trafford in what promises to be a fiery clash. The old foes are no longer the title contenders they were this time around and both teams are struggling to find any consistency in the league.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks under heavy pressure to find a result however finds himself with a small injury crisis ahead of the game. Paul Pogba has a swollen ankle and Rashford and Martial are both struggling to regain fitness following a thigh and groin strain. Solsjaer when asked about the chances of them playing said "I wouldn't put my life on it". Luke Shaw, Phil Jones and Baily remain sidelined.
Therefore youngster Mason Greenwood could be carrying a huge burden and pressure on his young shoulders should he be chosen to start as the only fit striker. He is however in fine form following his goals against Astana in the Europa League and Rochdale in the Caraboa Cup.
Arsenal could see the return of Lacazette, although he could be introduced from the bench after missing out on the last month of fixtures. Kieran Tierney is back from injury but Maitland-Niles is suspended following his double booking against Aston Villa. Callum Chambers should therefore start in his absence.
Despite Arsenal's shakey start and questionable defence that has seen them concede 2+ in every league game, a win tonight would see them join Leicester in 3rd place in the division. Meanwhile a much needed United win would only see them move to 9th. Arsenal are unbeaten in 5 and have recorded 3 successive victories, United follow up on a 2-0 defeat to West Ham and a tie with Rochdale that had to be settled by penalties.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is once again in fine form and a brace tonight would see him join Aguero as the leagues leading scorer. We think backing him to score anytime at 5/6 is a steal!
Manchester United: De Gea; Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka; McTominay, Pogba, James, Mata, Lingard; Greenwood.
Arsenal: Leno; Tierney, Luiz, Sokratis, Chambers; Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira; Saka, Aubameyang, Pepe.
Your Free Bet Predictions and Tips
Manchester United 1-2 Arsenal - 11/1
Aubameyang to score anytime - 5/6
This game couldn't come at a worse time for United, or a better time for Arsenal and we expect them to take this oppurtunity to pile more pressure on United and misery on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Manchester United v Arsenal Match Stats
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 12 home league games against Arsenal
- Arsenal have seen a penalty given for or against them in every Premier League game this season. Arsenal have conceded 3 penalties and United have been awarded 3. If there is a penalty given tonight it'll be the first time in PL history a team has seen a penalty given in 5 consecutive games.
- United have lost 3 of their last 6 PL home games (W2 D1), the same amount they did in their previous 52.
- Arsenal hope to complete consecutive league victories over Untied for the first time since 2006/07.
- Arsenal have conceded 2+ goals in each of their last four Premier League games.
- Jesse Lingard has scored 4 goals against Arsenal in all competitions, more than he has versus any other side.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 13 in 13 Premier League games.